CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday 21 May 2007

Kimbap

Well another weekend is over and we are back into the hum drum of another week. Not much news other than we relaxed all weekend. We were able to go to the school pool for a couple of hours and I lay in the sun while the girls played on the swings. It is very sad how white I am, I asked Paul to photograph my legs yesterday to record how white I truly am, he wouldn't and he called me a dag!

After the swim we went to the shop across the road from school and had some kimbap for lunch.

Kimbap in not sushi. They are very different. They do share similar ingredients, seaweed and rice, and kimbap is rolled. But do not expect the same sweet vinegary taste of sushi rice or the normal fillings found in California or Avocado rolls. Kimbap, is plainer and cheaper. Kimbap has its standard fillings that really don't change a lot. You get damuji (a yellow pickled sweet radish), tuna, carrots, some greens, maybe spinach, and cooked egg. Sometimes if you are really lucky you may get some processed seafood in it which is actually made from tofu and contains no seafood. All this is rolled together with some sesame oil. The best part is that you get two rolls (like in the picture above) for around $2. I am yet to finish the both rolls. Paul and Emily love it. Claudia eats it only if she can poke out all the filling and just eat the rice, pickle and seaweed (kim). I have to admit it has taken me awhile to get used to the flavour and I still need soy sauce. It is a healthy and very cheap lunch out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just rolled through allthe scrapping. What a wondeful gift you have for that. They are just beautiful!!!!

Lotsaluv'Bee