CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday 14 May 2007

Happy Mother's Day

A big warm and juicy kiss to all of those mothers out there! The girls and I were waiting for Paul to get his act together and take us to Church - so we had a photo shoot. Some I took holding the camera out from us ( can you guess which ones?), some Emily and Claudia took. The photo above was Paul's contribution


I was well and truly spoiled on Mother's Day. Presents, balloons, breakfast made by the girls, cards and then a session of ballon popping, lunch out and then don't fall over - Paul cleaned the kitchen. I felt very special.

We had a huge weekend. It started with the opening of the school's new Sports Complex. All the offical people in Suwon came including the Mayor. This was a very stressful event for as I was responsible for taking all the official photos and it would have to be the week that my camera has been playing up! But that is all about to change as my darling hubby is buying me a brand new digital SLR as my Mother's Day pressie.
Anyway, all went well, but I have put some shots below - Koreans have some intersting practises for formal ceremonies. I find these quite interesting, sorry if I bore you witless.


Every ceremony in Korea is all about flowers. The important people get to wear corsages - the bigger the better as for as the Korean's are concerned! This is our Headmaster with a florist shop in his pocket.



Whether it is the opening of an envelope or a building these enourmous flower arrangements are delivered. They stand almost 2m high and anybody associated with the event sends them, we had over 6 at our opening. The crazy thing is, is that they are not in water and the flowers maybe last 2-4 days so most of the time all you see are these tall mounds of dying flowers.


If you don't get sent flowers, you get pot plants in very ugly pots.

Only in Korea would an invited guest bring their dog!

When it is time to cut the ribbon, or should I say ribbons ( there has to be a minimum of three colours), it is a family affair. Every Tom Dick and Harry need to be present and have a pair of scissors. Now you are not allowed to hold the scissors in your bare hands, you need to have white gloves as well!!!!

Claudia found a much better thing to do with the ribbons!

And a here is my hunky husband showing off his new suit with Uncle Don.

Anyway better leave this post is turning into a very long one.

Happy Birthday Babcia for Sunday

0 comments: