CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Harbin - continued

 These photos were taken at the snow sculpture park  - this was quiet amazing.  Each year the sculpture pay homage to different countries, this year was Finland.

I kept touching these because I could not believe they were snow.

The girl's had a dog sled ride - I think Paul and I were more excited than they were.  Still it is something they are unlikely to do on the Gold Coast.

Claudia being swallowed by some Finnish God! Not that this photo isn't set up or anything.


We went to see the Siberian Tigers - I don't know about you but I thought tigers lived in tropical places, I was wrong.  I loved being able to see these amazing animals up close, but it did break my heart to see them in captivity.  The plan is to release these tigers into the wild one day, but most have been there up to 7 years - don't think they are being released anytime soon. 


With the tour you could have either the vegetarian trip or the meat lovers trip - I am being completely serious!  On the meat lovers trip they throw live animals from the bus to feed the tigers.... needless to say we took the vegetarian version.


0 comments: