CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Harbin - the lovely... Harbin the cold!

We were so lucky to be able to go to Harbin for the weekend.  Harbin is up in Northern China (90 minute flight from Beijing), just near the boarder to Russia.  Harbin is famous for its ice and snow sculptures, it is also famous for being very cold. 


 We were lucky the weekend we were there, it only got down to -10!  It was a wonderful weekend  , I am only posting tonight the pictures from one of the ice parks.... as you may have guessed, I took lots of photos.  


We spent two hours here at this park... we could have spent hours more, but it was way too cold.  Everything and I mean everything here was made of ice.  I had to keep touching things because I could not believe they were ice.  Apparently it takes 20 days to create this park.  Well 2 days and a lot of people, so our guide told us!

  
I think the highlight for the girls was the ice slide, we put them in their ski suits to keep warm, but it actually made them fly down the slide... I couldn't even get a photo of Emily because she 
went so fast, but we did hear her, she cheered and screamed the whole way down.






0 comments: