CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday 22 August 2008

Beijing - Day One

We have now been in China for one full week. Olympic fever is everywhere even in the Ciempka house. As I sit here Paul and Emily are at the volleyball and it feels like we have been here for months!



I have finally worked my new computer out and got round to editing my latest shots. These shots are taken on our first day in China.


We decided to go into the Olympic area and see if we could "pick" up some tickets to anything. How silly we were - there is no way to purchase tickets at the venues (unless you buy from scalpers and pay a fortune). It is all done online or in bars. Anyway it still was a great day. We got to ride the subway, see a bit of China and more importantly we were able to take a bus trip through the Olympic venues and precinct.


I am not the sort of person who get excited by buildings but the Bird's Nest and Swimming cube are amazing!


0 comments: