CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday 29 September 2008

New Bikes

Katie Melua (see clip) thinks there are 9 million bicycles in Beijing. Well after today there are 9 milion and 4!




We succumbed, well that is not true, I succumbed. We bought bikes today. Now I know what you are thinking, I would be the last person on a bike. Usually I would agree, but here in China it is really a good thing to have. We are so close to so many things that it is a pity to take a taxi when you can ride a bike, it is self imposed exercise and it is fun. Everything is flat so it is easy riding and here they actually have lanes for bikes and their own set of bike traffic lights.

I went riding today and bought the groceries and it was so nice riding along, in some ways it was kind of strange that I was actually riding a bike in China. I still keeping reminding myself that we are here.

I'd like to introduce you to our bikes. The first bike is mine - the chick bike, please note the lovely basket for shopping


Then we have Claudia's very pink and pretty bike.


Introducing Emily's cool kid bike - she picked the colour and everything.


Finally, the man of the houses bike.... for reasons only know to him, he needed a more special bike than the rest of us!


Now I have to ride the thing!

1 comments:

Jivin' Jacobsens said...

You inspire me, Donnah! Thanks! You're amazing!