CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday 30 November 2009

Xi'An

We have just returned from an wonderful weekend in Xi'An. Xi'An is the home of the Terracotta Warriors and a place I have always wanted to visit.

In true Ciempka style, our plane was cancelled due to fog and snow so we had to catch the overnight train to Xi'An. This was no where near as bad I as I thought it was going to be. We had our own little cabin with 4 bunks and it only smelt slightly of cigarettes. Which in China is a miracle. I think the true highlight of the trip was trying to use the squatty potties on the train with out falling in as the trian swayed its way across China.

Once we made it to Xi'An, we headed straight for the Warriors. They certainly lived up to my expectations. It would have helped if it wasn't - 10 degrees inside the hall and and we could have stayed longer with out freezing! I could have looked at them for hours.





We explored Xi'An, the city wall, the Muslim Quarter, the Wild Goose Pavillion and some markets and Muslim Mosques. It really was a lovely weekend!

These photos show just how cold it was.



0 comments: